Monday, January 26, 2009

Using My Brand New Backdrop that I bought on Ebay a year ago!





Yup. I've had this backdrop with 5 different muslin backgrounds sitting at home collecting dust oh these many months! The reason I never used it before this weekend is that it takes up a lot of space when setup. Its a bit of a pain in the ass setting it up in the first place and it takes a goodly amount of time putting it back in its carrying case. Plus its definitely a 2-man job assembling and dissablembling the bloody thing.

I must admit that after having used it for portraits at TechCU's Annual Employee Party on Saturday, I see the advantage of having a real photographer's background. I plan on using this more often albeit I still have to deal with the setting up part. =(

Check out these samples of the Portraits we took from the party. The camera used was Israel's Canon 40D mounted on Manfrotto tripod using his 17-40L F/4 Lens with the clear Gary Fong dome on a 580EX flash. Camera was set to Aperture Priority F/8 1/250 sec at ISO 200. No EV.

-JP

No comments: