Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Climate Article

I just finished reading an article on Newsweek about the turning points on Global Climate Change. Despite latest scientific evidence, there are still people in the science fields (dont even mention political field!) who are contrary to the idea that fossil fuels are contributing to greenhouse gases which in turn affect climate change. From everything I've read in this article to the past several years worth of climate news, I have a simple question that I believe we all should think about. From a very layman point of view, when I'm asked as a citizen of this planet: Do I want to make changes or not in my lifestyle and use of fossil fuels (i.e. decrease even if means my standard of living is less than what I'm used too) or face dramatic global climate change that can potentially destroy us? I'd rather error on the part of change than risk destructions. Its as simple as change now or face destruction of our planet. But then again I'm a simple person though I think if every person on this planet was asked this question, the majority of us would opt to change.

Just my thoughts for the day....

jp

No comments: