Thursday, September 26, 2013

2nd & 3rd Day

Belated entries for the last 2 days (mostly cause I was too tired once I got home to write anything!). 2nd Day Impressions: At last, I am back to drinking Red Bull. Only one per day but its like meeting an old friend. Back in 2011, I used to have 1-2/day at the Crittenden campus. Ahh the prodigal son returns...! What else, oh, I met a few acquaintances also from 2011. It's nice to see some familiar faces on the new job. 3rd Day Impressions: Oh Lord! Someone took the last Red Bull. The Googler I bumped into at the break room noticed my sound of anguish. His advice was to grab one early (and stash it!). His words, not mine but advice I may readily follow in order to get my daily dose of RB. Today I had the distinct pleasure to "shadow" one of the STO CSRs for an hour as part of my training to familiarize myself with Adwords (again) and the job itself. The gentleman I was paired up with was courteous, knowledgeable and professional on the phone during the entire hour I observed him. If he is typical of the average Google CSR than Google has some of the best CSR in the industry! Like other support centers in the industry, the majority of calls is not so much as fixing issues but being part counselor-engineer-yellow-pages to every caller. It's a high stress but satisfactory job when you resolved the customer's issues. That's it for now. Will update for today's impressions tonight! jp

No comments: