Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Cool Products in the News


Apple finally announced their new tablet product dubbed "Ipad". No doubt a take on their popular "Ipod" and "Iphone" brands. Their not selling it as a notebook or netbook replacement bur rather a personal device, '"Apple sees this as a personal media experience that they can create."'

Whats cool from my personal perspective is this would be ideal for me both for photography and book reading. Photography in that I can use it to show my portfolio of photos to perspective clients. Or heck use it as large digital photo album. Versus carry my brick of laptop that weighs almost 10 pounds with accessories in the bag. Or using it download the latest ebooks like Amazon's kindle which cost about $250 for the cheapest model.

Of course there are other more mundane features like watching movies, listening to music and playing games. I'm excited to see what the actual retail price will be when it launches.

jp

No comments: