Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Kenna Foster Blog

Kenna has a great post on her blog for the new year. Check it out here or read below.

Right or Wrong-- a thought for the New Year.
There are people who are always looking for (and sometimes discussing) the bad in other people... even in the human race at large. "What's wrong with ____ is ______..."

And there are people who are always seeing the good in everyone, even sometimes when it might seem undeserved.

I know this is obvious... It's important to surround yourself with the latter. It is such a rewarding feeling to be around people who always see your good qualities. Yet, I've sometimes forgotten it. And when I did, I found myself "set up for failure." No matter how hard you try to be your best & show someone your best "you," it will never work if they're looking for what's wrong with you.

I, like most people, ;) am just an imperfect human. If someone's looking for my faults, they WILL find them. So rather than try to play the "hide your faults" game from someone who looks for them, why not just choose to be around those looking for what's RIGHT about you? Soooo much happier!

And yet... ironically, I ALSO had to remind myself yet again, to BE the one looking for good!! Sheesh, really?? That perfectionistic side of me seems constantly to need reminded of when to back down. ;)

Simple formula... Want to see the good in those around you and in humanity? Look for it.

So, my new post-it reminder quote near my computer reads:

"If you're looking for things wrong with people, you'll find them! Everywhere!!

So... don't."

----

truly words to live by. Thanks to Kenna for starting out the new year with a positive thought.

jp

1 comment:

Kenna Elizabeth said...

Oh, wow! Didn't know there would be a tribute to be found when I came for a visit! What a pleasant surprise!!! Thank You!!! Hope this year bring LOTS of GOOD your way! :)