Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Technology News

I'm a big proponent of green, renewable energy sources like solar power. I've personally embraced it by buying and replacing everyday items like: solar powered LED key chain light, solar powered desk light, solar powered emergency flashlight and a solar powered battery charger (from AAA to DD). The batteries are used in my MP3 player, flashlights and even my small fan for my bedroom! I'm doing my part to try to wean my household from using costly electricity created from hydro and natural gas sources. Looking to the future, I want to get a solar powered attic fan to reduce the energy that causes the 2nd floor of the house to get warm in the day especially in summer heat. Eventually I want to get regular solar panels on the roof to use for every day energy use. I'm even hoping that they come out with a Honda Element that is hybrid using solar energy.

That being said, there still is a problem on the national level with our country's solar energy usage. As emphasized in this MSNBC article, "Solar struggles in U.S. market: Lack of national policy keeps sun power in shadows".

Are you doing your part to switch from fossil fuels to more green energy?

jp

No comments: