Thursday, February 3, 2011

Daily Entry

Today I played some tennis with Glen at the park near his home. This is the second time we played this week. Now this normally would not be a profound, newsworthy or even blogworthy but it is for me. The last time Glen and I tried tennis was either last year or even sometime in 2009. Neither one of could last more than 15 minutes without stopping for a break (Mind you Glen is physically in better shape than me but hasn't been to the gym probably as long as I have). Tuesday's daytime warm up game was maybe 20-30 minutes. tops. Tonight was different in that we played 35-40 minutes strait. Even though it was a mite chilly, we got an all around good workout. We managed to take a 10 minute break before playing for another 10 minutes. In my mind, this is a good start for getting back into tennis. I figure if we can get our technique playable, we can do this 2-3 times a week which makes for a good workout routine. So we can have fun while still getting a workout!

P.S. I did install a Slingbox on the cable TV so my brother can watch this Sunday's Superbowl while he will be out of town coaching his team's volleyball tournament.

jp

No comments: