Friday, April 29, 2011

Daily Entry

My nook came in yesterday when i was out of town for the day. I got back around 2:30ish AM PST (around the time the Royal Wedding started fyi). I charged the Nook up. After a short charge, I uploaded some of my favorite books in PDF format. I've got about 50 books uploaded so far. Then I saw Barnes & Noble has a Free Book Friday offer. So instead of reading the 50 ebooks I've been waiting for for so long, I ended up downloading a free ebook from B&N called, "Soft Apocalypse". From about 3am til 8am I was too busy reading off my new Nook to get some sleep.

All in all my first impression of the Nook is positive. Worked right out of the box. Easy to setup (including the Wireless) within minutes. Started reading my first ebook in less than an hour after opening the box. I love how I can have dozens (with room for hundreds more) of my favorite ebooks in my Nook. As my friend Warner told me, the convenience of having all your favorite reading material in a small ebook reader (he has a Kindle) far outweights the inconvenience of lugging and reading dozens or hundreds of paperpacks or hardbounds. Plus my Nook has 3G feature. Even before I setup to connect to my wireless network at home, I was able to browse B&N's online store. Very, very cool. I am very satisfied with my Black & White Nook 3G model. I highly recommend anyone looking for an ebook reader to consider getting a Nook.

Kudos to Barnes & Noble for creating an affordable, cool ebook reader.

jp

No comments: