Thursday, April 9, 2009

JP's Daily Photo - HDR





While taking some photos on my lunch break, I decided to do some bracketing shooting on my D200 and my new Tamron 18-50 f/2.8 lens so I could experiment with HDR images.

Photo Technique/Settings: I ended up shooting 9 consecutive photos with 1 EV. I merged them using Lightroom 2.0 and Photoshop CS4 process. Once I had an acceptable image, I flattened and saved as jpeg. Next I used an evaluation HDR software called Photomatix Pro 3.0 which has an easier work flow for merging HDR photos. After running their process, I saved the file as jpeg. Lastly I took the Photomatix Pro version of the HDR image and edited in Photoshop using Masking Layers to touch up the files (specifically the clouds, in the non-Photoshop version the clouds had no detail and were blown out). The three images you see are the original, Adobe LR2/CS4 version and the Photomatix Pro 3 version. Let me know what you think.

JP

1 comment:

Ashley said...

very cool. i love hdr stuff. very fun. you should check out ted byrne's blog. very cool hdr stuff...