Friday, April 10, 2009

JPP's Daily Photo





This blog entry is for my good friend, Tracy. As many of you know by now, I received my Tamron AF 17-50mm f/2.8 IF lens from B&H this week (you can order one here). Well I've been busy taking all kinds of photos with it for the last few days. My favorite photo of the bunch is bowl of fruits I took a photo with today. I think it really demonstrates the color quality and sharpness of this lens. Based on my experience so far, I highly recommend this super wide angle lens for anyone who shoots with the Nikon system but is on a budget (i.e. they cant afford the equivalent Nikkor lens at over $1000.00 US).

Photo Technique/Setup:
1. Setup a simple backdrop in my cubicle at work using 3 large prints but using the black colored back sides. The purpose was to minimize any reflection from flash and also have a solid, dark background.
2. The First image shot at ISO-400 P Mode 50mm 1/8 sec with +1 EV.
3. The Second image shot at ISO-400 Manual Mode @ 50mm 1/25 sec with +1 EV.
4. The Third image shows my simple background and lighting setup.
5. Use Lightroom 2.0 to process RAW files to jpeg. Minor White Balance and Exposure editing.
6. In the Last image I used PS4 to auto color and edit mask layer for saturation (in order to make the the reds and yellow colors "pop").

JP

No comments: