Friday, June 5, 2009

JPP Daily Photo


As most my friends know, I'm a bit of a tree hugger and am definitely green. With that philosophy, I actively look to purchase items (however mundane) that are environmentally friendly. Or in the case of energy devices, green. When I was at REI last week, I decided to get an LED light for my biking. While going thru the selections of LEDs, I found one that was solar powered (see image). It was approximately 2-3x the cost of the battery operated LEDs but it was GREEN. The really cool thing is that 6 hours of solar charging is enough to power it for 12 hours. So I don't have to worry about replacing the batteries ever again. Second thought, I was talking with my mom about this topic. I was wondering if they can make an LED light that can be powered up by solar panels, why can't they make common household lights the same? Can you imagine not having to pay for everyday lights? What about your computer? tv? microwave? Hopefully the genius of the appliance industry are already one step ahead of my supposition. I mean, its the future if want a cheap, alternative power supply!

JP

p.s. All my good friends know im a flashlight geek. Ever since LEDs became mainstream, I literally have about a dozen different LED lights of various sizes. lol.

No comments: