Sunday, March 28, 2010

JP's Thoughts & Wishlist

As I've mentioned in the last several months, a number of my favorite Fantasy and Sci-Fi authors have passed away in the last 3-5 years. With their passing goes any likelihood of publications of my favorite characters, novels, fictionious realms (except in rare instances like JRR Tolkien who left a wealth of literary material for his son to post-publish).

The reason I'm bringing up the topic again is that while perusing Lawrence Watt-Evan's Ethshar FAQ site, I found a list of stories from his Ethshar world that he would be willing to write, if, and I quote, "I do have several more novels planned, if I ever find another publisher who's willing to pay enough to make it worth writing them."

◦The Spriggan Mirror: Gresh, the magicians' supplier mentioned but not seen in Ithanalin's Restoration, is hired by Tobas and Karanissa from With A Single Spell to find the cause of an ongoing nuisance
◦The Vondish Ambassador: The Emperor Sterren opens diplomatic ties with the Hegemony of the Three Ethshars.
◦The Final Calling: The end of warlockry as we knew it.
◦At the Sign of the Crimson Wolf: Valder the Innkeeper is snowbound in Sardiron with an assortment of troublemakers.
◦The Wizard's Garden: The buyer of a dead wizard's mansion discovers that old magic can cause trouble.
◦Azraya of Ethshar: Remember her from With A Single Spell and Taking Flight? No? Well, I do, and here's her life story.
◦A Stranger in the Forest: Not long after the Great War, in an area once controlled by the Northern Empire, a kid befriends a mysterious stranger.
◦A Feather from Her Wing: A young girl in the Small Kingdoms idolizes Irith the Flyer (last seen in Taking Flight).
◦The Rune of the Implacable Stalker: An innocent is accidentally targeted by a vengeance spell.
◦A Slave of Wizardry: A wizard buys a slave to test his spells on.
◦The Sorcerer's Widow: A pair of con men try to swindle a woman out of her husband's legacy.
◦Dumery of the Dragon: A sequel to The Blood of a Dragon -- Dumery and Aldagon encounter complications in trying to carry out their business plan.

Assuming I win the lottery in the near future (ore more likely if one of my business ideas becomes successful), I would be absolutely willing to spend the $30,000.00 per story to Mr. Evans in order to have them all published. I would do this not for my own selfish reasons but to also make the stories available to all those fans of Lawrence Watt-Evans!

So, yea, that's would I would love to do if I had the extra money right now. 8)

P.S. If you don't believe me, I challenge you to read any of his Ethshar novel which would change your mind after the last page!

jp

No comments: