Tuesday, March 30, 2010

My Rant

I cannot abide rude and inconsiderate people. Recently I posted my backup Nikon SB600 flash on Craigslist. I received at least 7 replies but I choose the one that was the closest in location. When I talked to the gentleman on the phone, we briefly discussed the transaction. Typically he did ask if I would lower the price by about $35 but I rebutted that at my price he was already saving about $40 of retail or online price (not including sales tax and shipping which could raise it another $20). All that being said, he agreed to meet me today at a local Starbucks at 11am. Before we concluded our phone conversation, I asked him (as I do in all my craigslist transactions) to please call me if he needs to cancel or change the meeting time.

Well I just came back from sitting at the Starbucks for 20 minutes. I called twice but no answer. So this person did not even have the decency to call ahead nor answer my phone calls. That is the epitome of a rude and inconsiderate person. The only excuse I can think of that I would accept is if his wife was having a baby or he was having a medical emergency. Other than that, he's just another rude person.

'nuff said.

jp

No comments: