Monday, April 19, 2010

Photo Tips

Yet another great article from David Saffir. Especially something near and dear to my own photography heart. To wit, black & white photography!

B&W photography is almost a separate art form of photography. Its not as simple as setting your digital camera to the B&W settings and click! taking the photo. Nope, its as much as viewing a subject in color and visualizing how it would like in B&W. Things such as the different shades of grey, hues and contrast make a B&W photo a B&W photo. What I find that helps a lot is having as much control to manipulate the settings. Granted I already have a great set in Lightroom plus some photoshop actions. But! David Saffir's article shows more in-depth way using Nik's Silver Efex Pro software on how to achieve it.

As always, I highly recommend you check out the article yourself. I know I'm going to take one of my previous favorite Yosemite photos and try to use his technique with Silver Efex Pro.

jp

No comments: