Thursday, July 23, 2015

New model for this week - Shamim

I was fortunate in finding a new model this week. Her name is Shamim. She's originally from Tehran studying at my almater mater, SJSU. During the shoot, I noticed she had an uncanny resemblance to Angelie Jolie. When I mentioned it to her, she told me that she gets that all the time. While I was able to get over 20 finished, edited photos there would have been more except for when I accidentally formatted the memory card when I meant to just delete 5 photos that I didn't like on the LCD screen. In 15 years of shooting digital photography, this has never happened until now!

Fortunately I got some rather nice photos in the last 30 minutes left of our session. I shot with my D200 and my nifty-fifty 50mm f/1.8 lens.

I also just got my Nikon D300 back from the repair shop. They did an awesome job of fixing the navigation button. If I can find a Nikon 85mm f/1.8 lens, I plan on doing more shooting in the near future.

P.S. I'm hoping one of the next sets will be some sample guy photos. I have a couple candidates that I'm trying to schedule a shoot in the next week or so. Once I have a good number of samples photos, I'm going to update my photo website and start an AdWords display campaign for Senior and other portraits.

JP









No comments: