Monday, December 15, 2008

Post-Processing Software Tip

































As some of my photo friends know, I've been using Noiseware a software application that reduces the noise on photos taken with HIGH ISO. It does such a wonderful job that the photos typically look like a photo that was taken at a lower ISO anywhere from 200-400. Normally I shoot no higher than ISO 800 but now that I've been using Noiseware I can shoot all the way up to ISO 1600. For those of us Nikon users that I don't have the D3/D300/D700/D90 series with Nikon's latest noise reduction feature, Noiseware gives an oppportunity to shoot almost as good as if we were using one of those models. As always this is not a great substitute for fast lenses but for those on a budget with slower lenses, this will do in a pinch. I highly recommend you try it. You can download the community free version of Noiseware here. I'm also including a sample photo using before and after Noiseware.

On the second set, try to guess which is the original and which is the edited with Noiseware version.





JP

No comments: