Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Totally Inspired!!

One of the great things about working at a company that is the printing lab service for sooo many photographers' is that often you get to talk to with other photographers. Every once in awhile you see good photographs. Well talking to my good photographer friend Stephanie Lewis from Texas, she happened to mention another photographer from her area with some great photos. As I said earlier, you see a lot of photos in my line of work. Well there's good. There's Great. And there's O-My-Gosh!-it's-Freakin' AWESOME photos. If perchance you don't believe, don't take my word for it. Check out Brooke Kasper's website here. Seeing is believing. After checking out her site with Stephanie on the other end of my phone, I emphatically admit her work is some of the best I've seen both at Printroom as well as work I've seen in photography magazines and books I've perused in the last couple years. I'm simply in awe at her technique (lighting, exposure, saturation, composition). Yup the whole nine yards! I'm not afraid to admit that Brooke inspires me to achieve similar level of photography in my own work. I've got several photoshoots coming up in the next couple weeks that I plan on practicing my photography and post-processing to get similar results. There's nothing like seeing another photographer's work that inspires oneself to improve!~!

www.johnpaulphotography.com

JP

1 comment:

www.BrookeKasper.com said...

John,
Thank you for your wonderful compliments! I was so honored by your words. I had a wonderful photography teacher "Terry Wier" that said it so perfectly, "It is not the lens on your camera, but the lens over your heart". I was so excited that I understood that completely. One thing I have, is passion, and God directs me with the rest.
Go and see Terry Wier's website, he is the master of photography.
Everyone's style and technique are different and that is what makes us who we are. Again, Thank you! You wowed me!
Brooke Kasper