Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Daily Entry

Continuing with my saga of the fraudulent charges on my account last week. I received two packages in the mail yesterday and Monday. On one it was a trial subscription Spanish Language lesson software. The second was also a trial coffee maker set from Gevalia. As I explained to my bank last week, I did not order either items on the alleged day since I was either asleep or on my way out of town on vacation. What really scares me is that somehow someone or some online companies illegally obtained my credit card and home address in order to purchase these items. Whats ironic is they sent it to my address. This scares me since I've been under the false assumption that all my documents on my personal computer have been secure. As a follow up to this recent incident, I ran a full virus and malware check on my computer earlier this week. After several hours, my software detected 10 severe virus and malware applications on my computer. After wiping my computer clean, I've made what I hope is the wise decision to store all my important documents on an external hard drive that is never connected to my computer when it is actively on the internet. I totally advise all of you to do the same if you want to avoid any possible similar incidents to your credit card accounts!

jp

No comments: