Saturday, January 8, 2011

Daily Entry

I just finished watching "The American" a movie starring George Clooney. It reminds me of the movies, "Under the Tuscan Sun" with Diane Lane and, "A Good Year" with Russell Crowe. What all three movies have in common is the beautiful landscape and cinematographic views of the Italy. That's probably why I have visiting Europe as one of my new year's resolutions. I have an absolute passion for European history and geography. That's not to say my own country of the good ol' US of A doesn't have its own value and charm. It's just that parts of Europe has such a longer, richer history. As a self-professed historian and photographer, I'm naturally drawn to the stories and pictures of Europe. Seeing those fantastic views of Italian country side, the grape vines of a winery and the ancient marble and stone of an Italian villa just makes me want to jump on a plane to go visit them. Than reality hits! I realize I need to plan and save up some serious deneros if I really want to visit Europe this year.

jp

No comments: