Thursday, February 12, 2009

New Direction, New Focus

After viewing Kevin Major Howard's and Brooke Kasper's website, I've had a major, new direction with my style of photography. I'm now focused on headshots. I've always been intrigued by how much a person's face reveals about themselves. The expressions, a person's eyes, scars, etc. All these things tell a story about a person. Even without a camera, every time I meet someone new I always try figure out something about him or her by what I see in their face. I am especially fascinated by the eyes. There is truth about that old adage, "The eyes are the window of the soul". Well naturally I want to capture that essence, the truth when I take photos. I am empowered more than ever to do that by concentrating my style of photography on headshots. What does this mean for my website and blog? Simply put you will see more portraits and headshots on both sites. I can only hope to aspire that my work will be viewed with same awe as when I view Kevin's or Brooke's photos.

JP

No comments: