Tuesday, May 26, 2009

JPP Daily Photo





First day of the first week after quiting printroom. Had a couple errands to run this morning. Afterwards I met up with my friend, Young, for lunch. Young is also a photographer. We caught up on the latest going ons in my world as well as his. Plus I can always ask him advice on photography since he has a good working knowledge of the technical side. After lunch, I headed to REI to get some bike gear. I need to polish and clean up my mountain bike so I can start biking again. So I really didn't have time to take any photos today but I will try to remedy that for the rest of the week.

In the meantime, I experimented on some of Ashley's urban photos from Sunday. In Lightroom 2.0, I played around with the Saved Preset settings in the Library section. I'm still trying to capture that bold, magazine style look. Here's what I got just from using Lightroom. I am going to edit more in Photoshop until I feel its 100% what I want it to look like.

You can compare these with the first image I posted last night. That version I used high pass filtering to get that look. These are quite different. Let me know which look you prefer!
jp

No comments: