Friday, May 22, 2009

Thoughts

As I wrap up my last day at Printroom, I'm contemplating the next step for my photography business and career. I'm looking forward to spending more time developing my camera and photoshop skills. Admitedly in the last several months its been a juggling act working full time in the weekday and trying to take photos on the week nights and week-ends. Quite a few of my friends know that I've been lamenting about working til the wee hours on the weekdays while processing and editing files. Now I can really put 100% of my time and efforts into my photo endeavors. Also I will be doing marketing for a friend's startup that is also in the photography market. So I am looking with full, open eyes on the prize. Ultimately I want to take good photos which will bring an emotional tear to the people who view it. Its all about capturing the "moment" as I tell every new client!

I'll close this passage with one of my favorite photo quotes,

"Amateurs worry about sharpness
Professionals worry about sales
Photographers worry about light"
jp

No comments: