Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Thoughts for the Day





As I am going through the first half of this week which translates into 1 1/2 more weeks before my last day, I'm amazed that I can still find something new in the office. The highlights for this week are (1) I've been twiddling around with the prospect of adding photo editing as a product and service to my photography business. Tuesday's update is the official launch of this feature (2) Talking with Jim one of our account managers at Printroom, he not surprisingly gave me some great ideas for my photography business. Specifically with the wedding photography market. I was so sincerely touched by his earnest, helpful advice that I asked Jim if he could be my account manager at Printroom. My official AM was Eddie Tran who left Printroom in Fall '09. I truly believe that Jim's account management advice will help me grow, succeed in my photography business (3) Lastly I've been working hard in the last several months establishing my "own" style of photography, Admittedly I am inspired by great photographers whose work blows me away. To name a few: Kevin Major Howard, Jeremy Clay and, a recent discovery today, Audrey Dubois. Trying to incorporate there work in my style, I've had the awesome help of Ariana whom I've mentioned in my blog. As grad from the prestigious Brooks Institute, she has both the great background in photography and graphics design as well a her natural talent as an artist. Ari has been very kind in showing me in Photoshop how to move my photography style to the next level in terms of post processing. Today I really feel I have a grasp on how to do the magazine publication style, or as I call it, the "Calvin Klein" ad look in my photos. I think I've scratched the surface but I feel like I can only get better as I keep taking good photos. And keep practicing and working photoshop. In any case, here's a couple photos that I put together today that will fall under one of my new John Paul Photography's 5 Photographic Styles. Namely the "Bold".

jp

No comments: